Sunday, November 05, 2006

The New Enemy

there is a new arch enemy.

Dr. Mantra and his evil yoga remain a certain threat to all of society. but this new enemy is certainly a threat to me. more frightening is that this enemy has been living with me and attacking me at every opportunity. no, it is not my cat Orfeo. it is one of my very own piano benches!

The New Enemy

...my portable piano bench...

this is The New Enemy. not once have i been able to move it anywhere without fighting with it. (the legs collapse but don't fasten to anything and swing about freely when they are not locked for sitting) some of these fights have been quite serious.

once i was carrying The New Enemy and another piece of gear down the stairs and the The New Enemy saw its opportunity. it kicked its legs out forcing me off balance and then, catching my toe on the cuff of my pants, i was suddenly falling face first down the stairs holding sizable pieces of equipment. by some miracle that i cannot recall as i was busy watching my life flash before my eyes, i escaped unscathed. but this is not the usual outcome in such encounters with The New Enemy.

last night, The New Enemy struck again. twice. the first attack was on the way to the gig. i was traversing my stairwell, which is choked full of gear since The Bunka closed unexpectedly, and the The New Enemy struck at the most precarious of moments, sending me headlong into the wall. i had no other option to but to lean forward and use my head in an attempt to avoid totally crashing out and prop myself up against the wall. boom! then, after the gig, The New Enemy struck again, kicking its legs out and slamming them back on the tips of my cold fingers. bam!

there seems little i can do. however it may be mad at me because orfeo's claws are not so kind or gentle with it.

2 Comments:

Blogger HatHead said...

i find that swearing at inanimate objects really lets'em know who is in charge - it is a brief satisfaction but satisfying nonetheless!

March 12, 2005 3:21 PM  
Blogger HatHead said...

t'ain't over till the fat lady sings!!!

March 21, 2005 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home