Tuesday, November 07, 2006

That's What Friends Are 14

i have exactly 14 new friends. i know this because either them or i (probably me) pressed a button called "be my friend". sometimes approval is required for friendship; other times you are automatically and immediately granted friendship. in fact, i even recieved a personal message from someone thanking me for selecting them as a friend:
12:05am → Dear hathead,Thanks for adding me to your friends list.Sincerely,Thrace
i have reports listing my friends so i can quickly know how many i have and remember who they are (in case i forget). i saw another person with 208 friends on Red Vs Blue. wow. my 14 friends are across 2 online communities. often i wish could see them all on just one webpage, you know, with all of their avatars together, just like friends should be...

CRITERIA FOR FRIENDSHIP

........be cumbos friend!........

i will be meeting face to face with some of my online friends, people who i am meeting because i pressed a button, this saturday night. we are going to play halo with 16 people jacked in at a time. that's right, i will be rubbing shoulders with some of my dear friends: microbe (69 friends/43 karma rating), thundera (16 friends/1 karma rating), CobraComnder (71 friends/22 karma rating).
also people who are not officially my friend yet are showing up. what do to? these people include shashi (208 friends/17 karma rating) and lukie (77 friends/49 karma rating!). even DiMono (98 friends/49 karma rating!) will be there. will everyone address each other by each other's screen names? i don't want to loose any karma!
is friendship being redefined without any public debate! friendship is a timeless institution, a pillar without which society is reduced to pure anarchy, and since it is about a relationship between two people, where are the conservatives pushing their faces in front of everyone on this issue??
OK, i am curious - how many online friends/chat buddies do YOU have??

4 Comments:

Blogger HatHead said...

Shashi now has 209 friends.

April 01, 2005 10:08 AM  
Blogger HatHead said...

also, i have 2 more friends

April 01, 2005 9:15 PM  
Blogger HatHead said...

This just in, Shashi bgeins to trim the deadbeats:

"With some suggestions from friends..I'm going to begin trimming my friends list. I don't like to..even if people don't really talk to me I'm a suck. However, if we NEVER talk..then I'm going to have to say byebye.
No more taking random friend requests..if you want to be my friend..prove it."

April 01, 2005 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that I think it's very sweet that you say I'm a dear friend. I hope to talk to you more in the future (which is apparently where you're from anyway). See you at the next LAN! And good luck with The Sponsorhood. <3

April 18, 2005 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home